Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pampered Chef - Erin!

So I have found a new thing for me to start working on: cooking! I have been to several of these Pampered Chef parties and I think I want one of everything in that darn book!! So to start off, I'm picking out a couple of things to begin my New Year's Resolution off on the right foot, a little late but it's better than never, right, as long as Joe lets me! The past couple of times, let's just say the house almost burnt down (well, almost is the key word) and the food just didn't turn out. So no matter what I do, I have to get moving on and trying cooking again. At these parties, everything is terribly expensive! If I was made of money, which I can honestly say I'm not, I'd keep on buying more. The last party I attended, I bought one item: a cute Irish-like trivet. We haven't used it yet, but I have plans for it! It looks great on the wall where it hangs at this present moment. The one I attended tonight, I ventured off in a different direction and bought a few items to start a good kitchen with:
  • A 8" saute pan for Joe to cook me omelettes in the morning.
  • Small batter bowl (glass) for Joe to mix things.
  • A can strainer for me to use to drain out excess water, (i.e. cans of tuna) so I won't spill everything all over the stupid countertops any more.
  • A stone for cooking Joe's pizza's on instead of the pizza over!

So if you have noticed the list of items seem to revolve around Joe.....yep, he's the cook, but I'm definately trying! He's not the best teacher, but you gotta try somehow! And I've actually used my spices, too, that we've had for over a year now! Who would have thought, Erin a chef! So, my new ventures seem to be promising. Since we started going to Meal Time here in Duluth, things seems a little easier, and more adventurous then we normally would be. But it is worth it. So if anyone has any good, yet easier recipes they would be willing to share, I'd greatly appreciate some ideas or recipes themselves!! Let me know and wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kelly K said...

oooo. I cannot wait to hear about more kitchen adventures! Easy recipies...hmm. We are on a panini kick right now - with the george forman grill. Delicious sandwhiches, grilled, warm and gooey. That is a fantastic fix for a weeknight dinner. Easy and hot!