Saturday, April 12, 2008

Working with REALLY Little People!

This week has been an adventure to say the least! But the good news is I get to start working more in the world of infants, and premature infants! It all started on Monday, when I was called into my supervisors office. I was a little worried, more becuase I know things were happening and changing at work. The reason for the visit was to my advantage: I was asked if I'd be interested and willing to start learning and training more up in the Neonatal ICU and the Pediatric floor! I was extatic becuase this was something I'd been hoping to do and explore a little more, even before the job up on the Neuro/Truama floor came about. So of course my answer to this was YES! So, to start that all off, I got go up to the NICU with Gail, the therapist that works up there, and watch and observe her working with of the triplet boys! To me, it is easier to observe and then do, I'm definately more of a hands-on person, I seem to learn more and better that way. Soon enough, I will be able to work there more on my own and hopefully have some courses in dealing with premature infants and being able to recognize when it is appropriate or not to have a therapy session with these tiny individuals. I'm sorta glad I didn't get that position up in neuro at this time becuase had I gotten it, I wouldn't be having this opportunity to work in pediatrics as I orginally had wanted. I guess going with the idea: Good things do happen to those who wait.

3 comments:

Sarah L. said...

Congrats! It sounds like it will be so fun and rewarding!

amrolih said...

Good things come to those who wait! Congratulations - enjoy the new fun stuff!

Kelly K said...

Did that window open or what! Congratulations! And it sounds like a perfect fit for you.