Friday, April 18, 2008

An Odd Break In

Last night after I got home from working out, I got a phone call from my friends Andy and Suzanne while I was still in the car. While I was talking, I got out, grabbed my bag from the back seat, LOCKED the doors, and headed into the house. Joe got home later than usual due to a rush at Starbucks. This morning I could hear Joe getting ready for work, making an assortment of noise. Never the less, after he left I fell right back to sleep. At about 8:30 I awoke and got ready for the day. After getting dressed and ate some oatmeal, I headed out to my car. As I started looking a little closer, I noticed some things (paper and an odd object) laying on the floor of my car, NOT where I had placed it. Then I noticed something even odder: the glove box was open. I picked up my phone to talk to Joe and he said he had nothing to do with it. So I started looking at the things in the box and realized the Owner's Manual and my insurance card were missing! Who breaks into a car and steals the Owner's Manual?!? My name badge for work, snowshoes, and money were in my car, but nothing else was taken or touched! I found this to be very odd. So, of course, I called and reported this to the Police, just so they have an idea of what is going on in the area. Ironically, they have had a couple of other reports about break-ins of vehicles. Although, they probably were taking other important objects other than an Owner's Manual! As for now, I'm being super sure things are locked, even if I have to check them fourteen times more than usual!

No comments: