Friday, November 21, 2008

Rehashing Memories

This morning I work up and had a memory from college. I was thinking about the night a bunch of us, I think it was Kelly, Amy and April and then myself and Destinie, were in our apartment on campus. And Kelly said, "I'm eating peach ice cream and I don't care what you think," directing that comment to me. As you all remember I can't stand peaches and to this day, still haven 't had one since kindergarten!

I remember the day I got my first pound puppy, it was the day my sister, Emily was born and his name is Sparky! Yes, I still have this little guy too!!

Barbies. I use to have a suit case full of them, outfits to dress them in and accessories to accessorize them accordingly. And don't forget Ken, too. But I never had a car for them. Then, I start thinking about my grandmother. She use to play with me and my barbies all the time. I really do miss her. A good memory I have of my grandmother is her playing with me in the jungle gym by her house at the age of 75. Oh, and her dumplings she use to make. And her little smile and way she even smelled. It's almost as if she is still here.

Growing up, I spent a lot of time with the Boys, more for the fact that I got a long with them better than females. But that's besides the point. Anyways, we use to play flashlight tag in our yard and also up in cemetery that's by my parent's house. If we weren't playing there, we'd be playing tennis-baseball at the park a block from my house. And then there were the times we'd have a little festival at our house of fireworks. Everyone in the neighborhood would come over and it'd be a great show. Even when the cops came up. Ahhh, memories.

College, memories both clear and hazy and don't forget those you'd like to forget. Let's see, Freshman year:
  1. The best roommate, Kelly Pieters. Need I say more!?
  2. Kelly's alarm clock that was so annoying, but I loved it!
  3. Getting my nickname, TwoCan. I earned that name, that's for sure.
  4. Kelly's mom getting sick and not being able to do anything to help her out.
  5. Kelly walking in on Chad K. and I laying on our bunk bed. Honestly, Nothing was going on between us! I was just hiding him from the RA's that were walking around, I PROMISE!!!!
  6. Oh, Halloween and dressing up as a doctor with Jess, then drinking a bottle of Bacardi Lemon....Oh, that wasn't the best idea.
  7. Decorating the dorm hall ways. Ours looked like a fish bowl, it was great!
  8. Falling asleep in Amber and Lori's room with Screech, or Aaron. No, nothing happened that night. I just didn't want to go back to my dormroom drunk, so Amber offered me a place to sleep. Does anyone remember his last name?
  9. Oh, how about hanging out with Sarah L. And being infatuated with Russ.
  10. Going to Canada with everyone. And then going there with Sarah and Russ.

Sophmore year:

  1. The Chemical free floor. Don't need to add any more on to this one.
  2. Celebrating my 21st birthday.
  3. Drinking at Stargate.
  4. Drinking at Grandma's.
  5. Meeting boys.
  6. Going to the Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra with Suzanne.

Junior year:

  1. Applying for PT school
  2. Getting into PT school.
  3. Hmm, I'm sure there was something else that happened.

Senior year and grad school:

  1. Living with Amy, April and Kelly in Maple.
  2. Experiencing the terrible attacks on Septembe 11. Although I do remember and will never forget the birthday dinner everyone put together for me. And the great dinner that was made. Bad event, but it turned out good in the end.
  3. Drinking to help me get through PT school.
  4. Ok, Brad wasn't the best choice, but hey, we've all made them before.
  5. Graduating with everyone with a bachelors degree.
  6. Living with Mariah down on 1st street in Duluth.
  7. Living out in Las Vegas for my first internship at an acute care hospital. What happened in Vegas, had to stay out there. *grin*
  8. Andy and Suzanne getting married, and walking down the aisle with Joe as bridesmaid and groomsman. (Been with him ever since.)
  9. Traveling out to Seattle with my sister for my third internship and then traveling back with my mom. Man, that's a long car ride.
  10. Attending my last internship down in Rochester, MN at the Mayo.
  11. Experiencing the loss of my first patient.
  12. Graduating from PT school with a master's degree.
  13. Moving in with Joe in our first apartment in Duluth.

The rest is history.

I know there are other memories, but these seem to be the ones most prominent today. I often think about things and wonder how they may be different. But the thing is, I'm glad they're not. If these things haven't happened like they did, I probably wouldn't be where I am today, or, for that matter who I am.

1 comment:

Sarah L. said...

Ack! I forgot about your thing for Russ!
These are too funny. How about sneaking wine coolers into "The Water Boy" and yelling, "THAT'S COMING BACK TO SCHOLASTICA" at the line "You can do it.. all night long!"