Thursday, June 11, 2009

8 Days and Counting Down....

The count down begin.....for Grandmas is a week, and I feel like I may be ready. If not, I'm still in it to finish. Whether it takes me the planned 2 hour 15 minutes or 3 hours, I'm still going to cross that finish line! Joe doesn't have to work, so he'll be there with my parents and maybe sister, cheering me on! As I pass Starbucks, I'll have all the support from the crew there. It's been a long road of training, but well worth the time and effort I've put into all of this since February. I haven't pushed myself so much for awhile, it's been nice to have a challenge to make me work for my goals.

So, next Saturday as you all wake up around 6 or 7 or 8, think of me and wish me luck! I'm leaving the house around 4:20 AM with a friend and her family to get on the MN Power bus to bring us to the start on Old Hwy 61 to begin at 6:30! If all goes well, hopefully, I'll be finished by 8:45.....(I'll even take 9:30 if I just can't make!!) If you want, I'll post my chip number which you can go to the Grandmas website to track me through the race. A neat feature to allow those waiting to know how much more waiting they have to do!! Thank goodness I'm not running the full this year. So wish me luck! A week and counting.....I'll let you know where I end up!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good Luck! I wish I could be there to cheer you on.

amrolih said...

Go Erin Go!