Sunday, January 6, 2008

Snow-filled weekend!

This weekend was great! We headed out to my parents house for the weekend of skiing and fun! We left late due to Joe getting done with work a little later than usuall. But we got there about 6:30P.M. which is fine. We then headed down to good ol' Patsy's Bar for dinner and "entertainment" if you know what I mean. Dinner was fine, had a drink and went home and played Phase 10 with the four of us. My sister had brought home one of her kittens she had living with her over christmas and left her at my parents house becuase her apartment isn't big enough for TWO cats. So my 'rents are taking care of her and getting her spaide and possibly declawed (she claws everything). Well, the good thing is she is just a sweet heart! She loves everyone and loves to be petter. The unfortunate thing: she's in heat!! I feel bad for her but yet she is just crazy and looking for some "fun" for herself which she won't find up there. We had to listen to her all weekend. A little annoying but funny!


Saturday morning, Joe and I headed out to Mt. Ashwabay for a day of skiing! Since this is the ski hill I grew up on and of course was proposed to atop of it, it has a lot of sentatmental value to me. After the struggle of putting on the ski boats, we headed out for some runs! It felt great to get back out on in the hill. This is something I would do year round if I could afford it!

Throughout the day, we skied several runs, had lunch, then headed over to the tubing park! Yep, I said tubing park! It is great! There are about six lanes for tubing and you are taken up the hill by either a snowmobile or a the Tucker snow machine! It was great! A little something fun to add to the hill, which is needed! I have some more pictures to come as soon as my dad forwards them to me, you'll see them soon of course!

As for that we headed home Sunday morning after having breakfast at the hill with my parents! No matter where we go or who I go with, it always feels like home when I'm out there! I don't think anything can change that for me. All the great memories you have mean so much and going back to add more means just as much!

No comments: