Sunday, December 2, 2007

Snowy Sunday Afternoon

Last night during the snow storm, we ventured out in our All-Wheel/4-wheel drive Jeep and went out for food and a nut roll from Joe's parents house! The roads, well, let's say they weren't the best but it was definately fun! Sometimes venturing out is what you need. After getting back home, we sat down for a mean game of Scrabble! Yep, I kicked Joe's ass again! Gotta have some fun I say.

Today we woke up to about 7 inches of snow in our yard and the roads too of course! Personally, I love the snow and inter!! The way I look at it, you can only take off so much clothing during the summer whereas the winter you can usually keep piling on the layers! I'd rather be warm than cold! But today, ater getting dressed, we headed outside in our snow pants and coats and started to shovel. Low and behold, the snowblower didn't work again!! I guess last year it didn't work because it was out of gas, okay that was my fault (but how was I to konw that! It was my first time using the stupid thing in three feet of snow, I can't figure everything out on my own!) But this time, after trying several times, nothing. Then Joe noticed gasoline leaking from a tube. Great, nothing neither of us can do about it. So we went out and got the snow scoop from his parents house. Again, roads not too bad but could have been better, but oh well. You'd think they'd want to keep everything cleaner around here, especially since it's the beginning of the season!

Anyways, I dropped Joe off at home and then ran to the grocery store. I had already shoveled the walkways and the patio, so I left him with the driveway. After I returned he was almost done, so assisted a little more. During this time, I slipped and fell, landing on my knee. Let's just say, I have ice on it and it still hurts! So we'll see, if sometime happens tomorrow and it hurts more, I may have to visit Urgent Care or something. It's not like I won't be at the hostpital already!

So, now, its almost five in the afternoon and I, again, am working on my final paper for my pharmacology class and Joe is watching Saw III, stupid yet suspenceful movie! Then we'll head on out to his parent's house for dinner. Nothing else too new now! Everyone is pregnant except me, but we're okay with that for now! Our time will come soon enough, right?!
Christmas is almost here! I just love this season cause everyone is in a good mood. It just makes me smile. The new year will be soon as well! Hope all is well! Love you all!

P.S. This week they are going to be putting up the chairlift at Mt. Ashwabay at home this week! I am excited, so I may be going out there to watch them, maybe help if I can! Try to watch the news this week, up here that is, cause they are going to have something on there about the hill and everything!! It's all very exciting, especially for this small ski hill!!

1 comment:

Kelly K said...

I can just see you dressed to the nines in your snow gear! Tell Joe Hi! PS - it will be a long while before we get a bump going too - don't worry - everything in due time...