Saturday, December 22, 2007

Good News of the Month

Well, the good news of the week, other than being on vaction for another week is: my tests came back normal! I will just have to continue with 6 month pap smears and check ups to monitor all. I have been being tested for cervical cancer for the past year and a half, due to abnormal changes on they didn't konw why. So now, things look as if they may be heading in the right direction. Yeah, a repreive for once!

Other than that, I am done with my class for the semester and will be beginning another class this January. Hopefully it iwll be a little easier than the last one. I do know I ended up getting an A in the class though, so that was pretty exciting. Joe and I are doing well, and have had limited fighting which is awesome! We've been ride-sharing to work and working out in the morning or afternoon during work days. We've also been doing a spin class at the Center for Personal Fitness in Duluth, which is great! I love how much you can put your body through and still be able to stand up!

My best guy friend, Zack, who is in the military is doing well, as of the last time we talked. He said he may be coming home sometime in June, which seems like forever from now. But as long as he is safe, that is all that matters to me. I may not agree with the reasons why we are over there, but I will support our troops while I can, even is that is all I can do.

I am also contemplating a change in where I work. Even since I had that internship down in Rochester at the Mayo in Rehab, I have been thinking about returning to that field of work. I was over at Miller Dwan Rehad two days ago working with a severely debiliating patient who was in a car accident over a year ago. She was given a less than 1% chance of survival right after her accident and she is just amazing now. She now has an Above the Knee Amputation with a prosthesis and is walking amazingly. To me it is so rewarding to work with patient's like this. To see them recover from terrible injuries and to say I helped with it is great. I absoluately love what I am doing. Someday soon, I hope to say I will be over in that area permanetly. We'll see what Joe feels about that as well but he is always supportive about the choices we and I make. He loves me so much I often wonder why!

Well, now that I have nothing more to say, I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and are able to handle those family gatherings as I am preparing for. I found out that the drunker you are, the easier it is! Who would've thunk that!? Anyways, I wish you all well and safe ventures in the next couple of days!
Love and friends as always!
Erin Marie

2 comments:

Kelly K said...

Yea! I am very happy for your latest results. That is the best christmas gift ever...So as for the family gatherings with alcohol, your theory does not work if the inlaws do not believe in drinking!!! talk about double the pain...

KristenMarie said...

I had cervical cancer when I was 20. At 22 I had the surgery to have a portion of my cervix removed to rid my body of the cancer because it was progressing and not going away like it sometimes will do. So, to ease your mind, it is not a big deal and although scary to hear, VERY minor. Just keep up on your doc appts...I had one every three months for longer than I care to remember (years). But now I am back to just annual physicals....so don't let that stress ya out. Today's medicine can conquer that one.