Thursday, September 25, 2008

Friends and More

This past weekend was great! Not only did I have a good birthday, but a great friend came to visit. It's been awhile since we've seen each other, but it felt like we hadn't even been apart. It's great when you can reconnect and things didn't even seem like they changed. Anyways, Amy came up from Sheboygen, WI where she had just finished an assignment for her traveling PT job.

She arrived on Saturday afternoon, we talked a little and then headed out to Aces on 29th for dinner, and Joe's parents showed up. It was great. Good food and great company always makes things worth while. After dinner, we headed back to our house and got to look at all of Amy's pictures of her travels. She got to take an Alaskan cruise this year and the pictures were absolutely amazing. Not only was she there, but she was also in Seattle on assignment. Looking at her pictures really brought back memories of when I was out there on internship. Seriously, Seattle is one of my options if we ever think of moving. Definitely on the top of a short list. Anyways, great pictures. The glaciers and landscaping was amazing. Something I'd like to visit. I've heard of nothing but great things.


Well, to go along with Amy's travels, she bought herself a new vehicle. Yes, as you can tell, it is a Hummer! This thing is absolutely enormous! But it is great to drive! Here is a picture of its size in comparison to my vehicle and our garage! It made my car look small, as it did our garage! I could fit my car in hers without problems!!!






Since no one in our families have such a large vehicle or something so rare, Donna was very excited when she got do drive it! There is always a first time for everything and I don't think she will ever forget about this one. It was cute, she looked so small driving this huge car!!! Let's just say the wheels came up to her waist line!


Since we are spontaneous at times, we both decided this would be our time to get something done again. I've often thought, yes, tattoo's are permanent, but honestly, why not do it now while you can. And don't regret your actions. I've wanted to get another tat for awhile now, but hadn't been able to find something I wanted. Until I saw a flower a co-worker of Joe's had drawn. it looked perfect, so I asked Casey to draw me something that would look nice on a foot. Once he got the picture to Joe, Joe said I was going to love it, but it was alittle bigger than what I had wanted. Upon looking at it, I knew then what he meant, but the picture was beautiful. So deciding on a location for the flowers was a little harder than previously thought. Originially it was going to go on my foot. Well, things changed as did the picture. So, the location had to be big enough were it wouldn't lose it's detail, yet somewhere it could be covered up if needed. Deep thought went into this, as did much debate with Amy and Joe.
So, on Tuesday we ventured over to Anchors End Tattoo and both got new tattoos done. Amy had four Asian symbols down the middle of her back. I believe they meant strength, love and faith. They looked amazing, very nice. For those of you that would like to see mine, here it is. I never thought I'd have something done this big, but honestly, it looks nice. I was worried if it were too small it would lose detail.
I am very pleased with the way it had turned out. The colors look great and it isn't too large. Jay, the tattoo artist colored it accordingly. I told him I wanted pinks and purples, and it turned out beautiful. I was able to show Casey the final result yesterday and he loved it. It was great, he was a little surprised that it was as big as he had drawn the picture, but it still turned out wonderfully. Today it is still a little painful, I should say sore, but not too bad. All in all it was a good, two hour experience. As the was the weekend. It is always nice to see friends you haven't seen for while. It brings back good memories as well as making more memories. It was nice to see you Amy!

1 comment:

Sarah L. said...

Welcome to the tat club!
They don't nearly hurt as much as you'd expect, do they? I think the day after, it's like sunburn, and the day after that, like nothing happened!