Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Class of '98 Reunion!

Well, it has finally happened, (and I have finally had the time to write about it) and I can say it was pleasant! We had out 10 high school class and out of the 65 classmates we had, these are the ones that were able to make it! Fifteen of us!! Even though we were all not there, it was still a good time. The reunion was held out at a bar called the Pub and Grub, a small little bar about ten minutes out of Washburn. Joe got to meet a some of the friends from H.S. which was nice. I haven't seen several of these people for quite some time, so catching up was nice. Some are married and have children, so just have children, some have jobs and some don't. But honestly, who cares! Life is life and we do what we want to do as long as we like it and are enjoying ourselves. Some people have changed, where some people have stayed the exact same. It's amazing how our personalities keep with us. You would think over time it they may mellow, but they don't. But that's why we are the way we are, right?!
One thing I find funny, ironically funny that is, there were a couple of people I haven't seen in TEN years. What was nice was people were actually excited to see me as I was excited to see them! Even though time has passed, its amazing the bonds you have with people and how they have impacted your life. Seeing these people made me realize that no matter what happened in the past really doesn't matter. I was so worried about seeing some people, and worried about what they would think of me. But it didn't matter. I didn't care nor do I think others really cared about others thought.

These three girls, Rachel, Cary and Hannah were they ones I spent a lot of time with throughout the good ol' days! I often saw Cary at SMMC where I work, but now she's moved down to the Cities for a job. Rachel is in Eau Claire working and Hannah is over in Green Bay for her job. We are all scattered around, but still keeping in touch one way or another.
All in all, it was a good reunion. Who knows where we'll all be in the next ten years, but hopefully more will show up for the next one. If not, I'd be content with the ones who were there this time.

1 comment:

Sarah L. said...

My reunion is coming up in a couple weeks... Is it just me, or is everyone else getting old? I still feel way younger than 28!