Friday, July 11, 2008

What Goes Around...

As you have read before, I was hoping to get the position at our hospital as the primary physical therapist on the Neuro/trauma floor; unfortunately, I was overlooked, and the position was given to a co-worker whom had little experience. At first, yes, I hated it and felt I was not a good therapist. Well, last week my supervisor came to me and asked if I was still interested in being the PT up on 8East because the person who was chosen the first time, wasn't able to handle the position and was often forgetting important things needed in documentation. I told my supervisor I'd have to think about it. I didn't want to be thought of as second-best.

A decision was made, and I said yes. As of thursday, July 10th, I am officially the primary therapist on 8 East!! Yeah! I've had many people say that things happen for a reason, and I truely believe there was a reason for this, however, I am not sure what it was. But, what goes around, comes around, and look where it has gotten me now!? Now starts a whole other world and keeping me more busy than before. I guess this is a good thing. I must say I'm a little nervous but I know I have what it takes. Hopefully everything will work out and I'll be able to do what needs to be done and make sure my patients are receiving the care they deserve. That is the main thing to think about!

1 comment:

Kelly K said...

wow! YEA!!!!!!! I am sure you can absolutely handle this! I am very happy for you!