Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day and Breast Cancer Walk


Since it is Mother's Day weekend, I decided to sign up for the Mother's Day and Breast Cancer Walk here in Duluth at the DECC. I had asked my mom and sister if they'd be willing to join me in the little venture, but they were unable to make it up for the early morning walk. So, I asked my mother-in-law to join me! It was a good morning. We only did the 2-mile walk, but it was so worth it. It was only about 40 degrees out or so, but there were so many participants! Made me feel good to know there are so many people out in our communities that are willing to share and be a part in saving lives and raising money for such a great cause! I couldn't tell you how many people were exactly there, but I know I saw numbers higher than 1200 for bibs! That's over $30,000 from one little walk! I just think its a great way to get everyone moving and raising funds for a good cause! Anyways, Donna and I had a good talk and finished the 2-miles in just under 29 minutes. For us, that's good!! So, yeah for those who work for others and share ways of changing peoples lives.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Good job Erin! I got my whole family involved for the Twin Cities mother's day walk. It is an amazing experience and is a offical kick off for my 60 mile walk in September.